The Centre is engaged in training, grooming and augmenting capabilities of scientists/technologists/technical support staff/administrative staff of CSIR constituents. The Centre conducts these programme at its own campus as well as off-campus at various CSIR Labs.
The Centre conducts training programmes on a wide gamut of topics for meeting multiple skills needs of the CSIR personnel under the broad categories:
- Induction / Orientation training programmes for newly recruited scientists and common cadre officers.
- Capacity building programmes in the areas of R&D Management, IPR, Research Methodology, S&T Communication, Creativity & Innovation etc.
- Management and Leadership development programmes.
- Refresher programmes for administrative, finance and purchase personnel.
- Specific need based/demand driven programmes.
The programme and course modules are evolved, designed and conducted based on the organizational needs.